Friday, January 16, 2009

Nosebleed section at the 'Canes game

Thursday night we went with Bob and Pat to the Carolina Hurricanes game- they were playing the Toronto Maple Leafs. Lila and I got all decked out in our warmest clothes, which happened to be our Canada sweatshirts and we squeezed everyone into my car and headed to the game. The Hurricanes played quite horribly during the first period but the game got interesting by the third period. Lila loved playing with "Ba Ba's" binoculars (and looking through them with her eyes closed) and playing with his headphones.

The people next to me left, so I moved down a seat and let Lila sit in her own chair. She sat for a grand total of about 10 seconds before getting out and playing. Well, before I knew what had happened, she fell, facing the seat, and came up SCREAMING. Then her nose started gushing blood. David and I quickly fled our seats and apparently I asked the usher where the first aid room was. I don't remember doing that, I was panicking. We ran to the first aid room, me carrying Lila, and by then Lila was quiet, but still bleeding. I think she was more freaked out that I was running than anything :) They quickly started wiping off her face and the bleeding stopped. After a few minutes, we were able to leave and she was back to normal, as if nothing had happened. She is so resilient.

During this whole fiasco, I think the Hurricanes tied the game up, but eventually ended up losing. Lila is fine, no bruising or anything. The only evidence of last night is the dried blood on the inside of her nose. I got a LOT of blood on my sweatshirt, but luckily the nurse told me to put hydrogen peroxide on it. Sure enough, it worked like a charm! No more blood! Amazing!

I never want to see that much blood from my baby again, but luckily she is ok. My nerves were totally shot. She's tough, though.


1 comment:

The Schueler Family said...

I'm glad she's okay, I can only imagine what you guys must have been feeling. Give Lila a hug for me.