Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday fun!

We have been busy little bees, getting ready for Christmas! Lila is really getting into the holiday spirit and loving all the excitement. We're really having a lot of fun!!
A few weeks ago Lila and I went to see the lighting of the water tower, which is our version of a big Christmas tree. We saw some friends of friends and Lila had fun dancing with the other children.


Last Friday night David and I got all gussied up and headed to my office's Christmas party. My cousin Lisa (aka the BEST babysitter in the whole wide world) kept Lila. Lisa and Lila made rice krispy treats, had pizza, and watched "Finding Nemo".
Here's the group from my work.

And the boss-man.


This past Tuesday, Lila's class had their holiday party. David did a good job of videotaping and taking pictures, since I was at work and couldn't go :(



Tuesday night, my nephew Ethan had his holiday concert. He plays the violin (he's in Kindergarten) and it was wonderful! Lila loved seeing her big cousin.



Wednesday night, at the last minute, we were offered tickets to the Santa train at the Museum of Life and Science. We were so excited to be able to go! Lila took her "light saber" from Mark and Hanna and we all cuddled together to stay warm.
Lila got to tell Santa again that she wants a GREEN LOLLIPOP and we helped Rudolph find his way home ;)


Whenever we're out after dark, Lila becomes obsessed with seeing Christmas lights. I drive her around and slow down to look at the lights. She gets so excited! On Monday she will go with Granddad, Judy, Ethan, and RJ to see lots of Christmas lights. She will have the BEST time!

This season is stressful, but Lila is also making it fun. I love seeing her so excited. She will love seeing all the family that's coming to town!

1 comment:

Mrs. Z said...

What a fabulous age for Christmas! I still love the green lollipop requests! Sounds like you guys are really enjoying the season. Hope you got some snow to play in too!