Today we had our first parent/teacher conference with Lila's teachers. They had very nice, complimentary things to say about her. They are impressed with her and her creativity. We are debating which preschool class to enroll her in next year- sigh....
We had a really good day. First thing this morning, Lila and I went to the grocery store to stock up on the necessities in case it actually snows this weekend (I've heard we may get 6-9 inches). We went to the conference with her teachers (and Lila played) and then we had a picnic! It was 60 degrees here today, and although windy, it felt really good in the sun. Came home, had nap time, and then Lila and I went to Oval Park. Apparently half of Durham had the same thought as me- get the kids out before the cold weather comes- because it was PACKED! Lila had fun, even though she really only played with me. I hope she grows up to be more sociable than her parents....(it's not looking good though).
Then Lila and I had GNI (Girls' Night In) while David was at a meeting. We made nachos and watched Dora and the Pirates. Fun times ;) Also, I taught her that the Christie girls are the best in the world! Haha, we're learning all about girl power. I want her to be strong and stick up for herself. I am so proud of her. I knew she was doing well in school, but hearing it from her teachers just made me so proud. I love my kid!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know Lila is smart, creative and sweet! Happy that you had a positive conference with her teachers. Give her a kiss from me.
Woo Hoo, Girl Power! You're instilling great things in her. Teacher conferences are always so nice to have (as a teacher) when you have good things to say. I love making parents happy!
Thanks so much for your encouragement with our feeding issue. Being a mom is hard! But it so helps to have a supportive network of fellow mommies reminding you that it all will work out!
Post a Comment