Friday, June 18, 2010

Crazy doesn't even begin to describe my life!

I had an impromptu interview today for a full time position this afternoon. I told them I would have to bring Isaac and Lila and they were ok with it- they just wanted to meet me! As I was getting ready, the dog yacked on the bedspread (I think she licked her flea medicine off her back) so I had to stop to wash all of the bedding.

SO- we headed over to the office and got there 15 minutes early. They were still interviewing another candidate. Ok. We go to a small room- the kids with some washable markers and paper and me with an application. About 10 minutes go by and I start to smell Isaac. Sigh..... I leave Lila coloring and go out to the car with Isaac. I change him on the front seat and find a humongous blueberry turd the size of a softball- no joke! The damn thing almost rolled onto the ground- which would have totally grossed me out. I changed him and headed back inside.

The kids were pretty good while we were waiting but they kept coming at me with open markers which I had to dodge. The woman interviewing me FINALLY came in at about 2:!5 (at that point, we had been there for 45 minutes) and the kids were still pretty good. We soon moved to a bigger room to chat and the kids headed under the conference table. Great- or so I thought. A couple of quiet minutes go by and the next thing I know, Isaac comes up with a Hitler-esque mustache! It was too funny- yet quite embarrassing.

All in all, the women interviewing me were nice and they offered me the job! The thing is, I don't know if I want to work more hours. YES- the money would be nice, but I would miss Lila SO MUCH! Ideally, David will get a full time job and I can keep working part-time. He's had a couple of interviews but nothing's panned out *so far*.

I have this feeling that if I accept this position, David will get offered a full time job and if I don't accept this job, then he won't. Does that make sense? Sigh.....

Deep down I know things will work out for the best. I just want to make the right decision!

1 comment:

The Schueler Family said...

oh my goodness
I'm sorry about the blueberry surprise and the mustache (I got a good giggle out of that one)