Monday, September 26, 2011

1/2 birthday

Lucas is 6 months old today. WHERE has the time gone?!?!?!?! He weighs 17 lbs and is in the 40th percentile for weight and 80th for height. He's just started sitting up by himself, becoming very interested in his surroundings, eating baby food, being extremely ticklish, and becoming vocal. He brings so much joy to our family. He starts every morning with smiles for his big sister, and ends most evenings cooing and giggling until he finally falls asleep.

One of my favorite things has been dressing Lucas in outfits that I remember Lila wearing. There aren't too many that were gender neutral (you know I love my pink), but there have been a few. Here is one:
Lucas at 5 1/2 months old:

Lila at 7 months old:

(obviously the picture quality is not the same, but you get the idea).

Here's Lucas falling asleep on daddy's chest, and Lila re-enacting it.


Here's Lucas being tickled by his great-grand father- it was so cute- he would coil his legs up and just giggle....adorable!


I took Lucas to have his pictures made at the photo studio- the ONE day he wasn't giggly and overly happy! We managed to get one good photo, so if you're lucky maybe you'll be receiving one in the mail soon (I need to get to the post office ASAP).

No comments: