Last night was rough again, Lila didn't sleep well which meant I didn't either. At 8:30am, I called the pediatrician and they said to bring her on in. At 8:41, we were in the car. David and I looked like hell, but Lila looked cute, although you could tell she didn't feel well. No ear infection. Her ears, throat, and chest all are great. Seems to be just teething and a virus. Good news, but that means there's nothing they can give her to help her feel better. Tylenol, Motrin, and rest. Same as what we've been doing the past week.
Still looking like hell, we left the pediatrician's office and crossed the street to the museum. We met Mark and Hanna there for what was advertised to be a really cool villains exhibit, but in actuality was a little lame. It was fun anyway, we just were all disappointed we didn't get to see a storm trooper.
Next, we tried to have lunch at our favorite place, Chubby's tacos, but their cashier had not shown up, so they weren't open for business. On to Jimmy John's- which got no objection from David :)
Lila perked up a little bit while standing in the booth, nestled between David and me, waving to the people next to us, and dancing to oldies.
We came home and Lila took a short nap while David and I each did our favorite things- he played video games and I played on facebook. I finally took a shower and looked a little better. After nap, on to PetSmart for cat food. We saw lots of doggies and talked with a woman from the Person County Animal Protection Society about adopting a dog from them in the future. Apparently the pound up there still uses the GAS CHAMBER to euthanize their dogs! AND they only keep them there 3 days before they get their death sentence. AWFUL! When we do finally decide to get a dog, we will adopt one that needs a good home. David and I respectfully disagree about the size of dog we want, but we have a while to decide :)
Off on a search for ice cream....to make David smile. It was a tall task today. Yesterday he got an email from the guy he interviewed with the week before. He hired someone that could start immediately. David was pretty bummed and disappointed. We went to Ben and Jerry's, piled out of the car, and saw a sign that said CASH ONLY- their credit card machine wasn't working. We rarely have cash, and sure enough, today was not our lucky day. Back in the car. Now I had 2 grumpy people in the car with me. Lila WANTED ICE CREAM! So on to Northgate mall for Marble Slab Creamery. After searching for 10 minutes for a parking spot, we found a great one and were able to get some yummy ice cream. After that, we walked outside to see the water "fountains"- basically geysers coming from the ground spewing water. Lila at first was timid, but then decided to get totally soaked! She had a blast until she slipped. Fun over. We stripped her down and brought her home. I believe I actually see David smile while watching Lila run around in the water, but I didn't have a camera, so there is no evidence. I need to keep my camera in my diaper bag!
David mowed the front grass while I got dinner ready- chicken nachos. I thought they were pretty good, but David wasn't that impressed. Oh well. We rented a movie tonight, "Dan In Real Life" with Steve Carrell. We'll see if it's any good.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry you didn't get the job, David. :(
Today just wasn't anybody's day. But I did have fun spending time with you guys. Oh and I confirmed with Greta about possible "interview" date which would be on Oct. 4th (Saturday) which would mean that Mark and I work AM and David is the early mid. For dinner time would be free unless you guys already have plans. Let me know.
Thanks!
Post a Comment