I listened while they did the sound check. They were broadcasting from a stage in Chicago that was outside- and the seats weren't covered. It was raining! I could barely hear but that wasn't a major problem. When it was my turn, Peter Sagle, the host, asked me to introduce myself. I said, "This is Trish Christie from Durham, NC." He said, "Caller, we can't hear you." I repeated myself. Still nothing. Then I heard the producer on the phone with me, say, "Sh*t" , click, and then I was able to be heard throughout the entire arena :) Peter said, "We'll try that again" and so I did. "I'm Trish Christie from Durham, NC."
I was then introduced to the panel - Tom Bodett, "Hi, Tom", Paula Poundstone,"Hi Paula" and Mo Rocca "Hi Mo, my husband loves you" (which is true, David does). Mo then made some funny comment and we began the "game" Carl Castle, the announcer, read 3 separate quotes and I correctly identified who said them (they were very easy). So I won the "prize", Carl Kassel's voice on my answering machine. I don't know yet if he can do it for voicemail or not, but it doesn't matter, I had fun.
I am kind of disappointed that I didn't get to say anything about myself other than my name, but that's ok. At least I didn't embarrass myself. :)
We had a good, busy day today. First Lila and I went for a walk this morning while David worked on some drawings, then we went to story time, had lunch with Tessa, she played at Dr. Blaylock's office while I got my teeth cleaned (oh, by the way, I have at least 3 cavities- my first ones ever!!!!) I am very upset. Anyway, then we came home so she could take a nap, and then we went over to Pat and Bob's house for dinner and fun.
We got home an hour past her bedtime and she fell asleep on the way home. SO CUTE! Last week, I decided that Lila needed a baby doll since she is OBSESSED with babies. She loves her baby doll and insists that it go most places with us.

3 comments:
I love "wait wait"
I can't wait to listen for this weeks show! I love how girls are already fighting ova my little Ikky.
(*^_^*)
We just listened to the show! YAY!
You're famous! I think if that was me I'd be saying "like" and "you know" alot since I would be so nervous =P
HAHAHA! You were great!!
Post a Comment