Saturday, March 7, 2009

Montana

We have a new family member.

Her name is Montana and she is an 11 month old shepherd mix. We got her yesterday and have all been adjusting pretty well. Lila loves her and wants to know where she is at all times, but can also be a little intimidated by her. Montana is very gentle but does get excited. There will certainly be an adjustment period, but so far so good! She is housebroken and goes into her crate very well. She even knows her name and how to sit, fetch, and come! Walking on a leash is difficult, but we'll work with her.

Anyway, I know some people didn't want us to get a dog (especially now with the economy being so awful), but we fell in love with her and she needed a good home.

She is such a sweet dog and we already love her very much! (By the way, NO more animals! We are at the perfect number now.)

3 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Montana is so cute! I love the Corgi in her and the Golden Lab. She will make a wonderful family pet. Looking forward to meeting her!

Love,
ME :)She She

The Kruger Family said...

Hi! Congrats on Montana! I love the name! Mark is desperate for a dog..so we'll get one some day too. I grew up with cats and don't really know what to do with a dog..but I'll learn! We think we'll get a basenji because they clean themselves and don't bark and are cat like (i like cats). Have fun with Montana!

Alice said...

Awwww she's adorable (so is Lila!). Also- since I don't have your email to ask- do you have an email for Sarah Gilbert? I'm taking a break from FB but wanted to keep in touch with her (and you- but I have this- yay!).