Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Awake at 1 am

Simon, our cat, is a natural born hunter. He will chase anything that comes near his way. At 12:30 am, he woke David and me up because he was scratching uncontrollably at the rug under our bed. At first we were getting frustrated with him, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought something must be wrong. So, I told David to close his eyes, and I turned the overhead light on.

I picked up the rug, and OH MY GOD- A "bleepin" centipede was there, wiggling around!!!!!

I FREAKED out, David got out of bed, ran to get some tissues, and proceeded to chase the centipede around for a few minutes. I jumped in bed, reminiscent of the days when I was growing up and the hamster would get out. Never been a fan of rodents, insects, arachnids, or reptiles. It's a fact.

The damn thing worked its' way around both of our dressers and eventually took shelter between the carpet and the molding. GRRRR. It was determined not to be captured today. Of course, David is the guy who will chase around a spider, trying to kill it for a good 10 minutes, but I really shouldn't complain cuz at least he got closer to the thing than I did.

I can't sleep now. All I can think about is that creepy, slimy thing. EW!!! Not gonna get much sleep tonight!

2 comments:

Red said...

they are so gross!

Pat's Place said...

The good news is that little critters like this don't have a very long life, especially during the winter. It will curl up and die and disappear. My cat, Pewter, who looked much like Simon, was an excellent hunter. He caught skinks, bugs and even a tree frog in my house. We like frogs and I felt bad for the tree frog.

She She