Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mommy's Day Out

Today Lila and I went to our first story time today at the local library. She enjoyed it, but started getting restless towards the end. Lila loved seeing all the big kids- she would walk up to them and point to them. It was pretty funny. Today was truly the first time I felt like the mommy of a "toddler" instead of a baby. It was our first time going to a function like that and it was fun. I felt like a stay-at-home mom. Of course, I was the only one there with only one child, but I am in no hurry to change that!

After story time, we checked out several books and a DVD then went to Elmo's to see daddy for lunch. After lunch, we came home for a nap, then went to Duke Gardens. We took Lila's "car" instead of the stroller, and she thought she was hot stuff. We took the leftover hamburger buns from Lila's birthday party and fed them to the ducks and geese. She really didn't understand the whole concept of throwing the bread instead of eating it, but I think she had fun.

No comments: