We stopped off for a lunch break at my Aunt Debra and Uncle Jimmy's house. We had delicious hamburgers and hotdogs (with chili!!) and Lila's dream came true. She sat in an AIRPLANE!!! She was so excited and it was difficult to get her out. She also got to sit on a motorcycle and a golf cart. HEAVEN!!




We left Lila with my cousin Lisa for a little bit while we looked at a house built by Debra and Jimmy's company, NT Homes . They build gorgeous homes, but don't you think they need a new website built by a certain designer who graduated from NCSU and has an adorable daughter??? ;)
Lisa tried to corrupt Lila...


After an exhausting and never-ending drive, we finally arrived at my mom's house just in time for s'mores outside.
Thursday we played outside, then had a delicious feast.


Then we went to the stables to see the horse my sister Rebecca is leasing, Champagne. Lila enjoyed following Sarah around everywhere.



Then we stopped off to feed the geese.





We headed to Andretti's- a racing and game place. David and Ed raced on the "adult" track and Sarah and I raced on the "kiddie" track. David and I both won our perspective races. Here's a picture of me and my sister Sarah. She just turned 14 and I love her to pieces. She is such a sweet girl -much like her oldest sister ;)

Friday we did some shopping at Kohl's in the morning and came home for nap. Then we all piled in the car and drove to Stone Mountain. We rode the tram to the top of the mountain, walked around up there, came back down, ate dinner, rode the Christmas train around the base of the mountain, then watched a Christmas laser show. It was cold but so much fun!!!





Saturday, Rebecca had a horse riding lesson so the rest of us went to the mall. We did a little shopping and Sarah, Hannah, and Lila rode a cute train around the inside of the mall. (Sarah was a good sport about it.)



We had lunch at Zaxby's, rested, played, some of us went shopping at the Coach outlet store, came home, had pizza, and watched "Christmas Vacation".
Sunday, we procrastinated. As much as I didn't want to leave, I also wanted to be home. We had brunch at Cracker Barrel, said goodbyes, then headed out.



We stopped at Ikea in Charlotte for a few hours to look around and get Lila's Christmas present. That was a nice break from the car, but unfortunately, the traffic got BAD. It took us forever to get home. We finally arrived home around 8:45 that night and Lila wanted a PB & J sandwich. Monday morning at 6 am came very early for me.....
I do have to say how proud I am of Lila. Even with the traffic and everything, she did an amazing job of telling us when she had to go to the bathroom. She can be particular about where she pees, (I call her the "Potty Princess" because she must have a clean bathroom to pee in) but no accidents! I can proudly say she is officially potty trained- well, she has been for a while, but now I'm proclaiming it from the rooftops!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment