Sunday, February 18, 2007

Today something remarkable happened

The weekends around the Christie house are uneventful for me, usually because David is at work. While the cats do provide some entertainment, I usually get bored easily. ANYWAY...
Today I was relaxing and something remarkable happened. I fell in love with the baby inside of me. It was an overwhelming sense of joy that I really can't explain, but I can't wipe this stupid grin off my face! I have been talking to and rubbing my belly for a while now, but this weekend she has been moving so much- as if to talk to me. Maybe I am going crazy, but I really needed support this weekend after hearing some bad news, and the baby was "there" for me.
I totally think I have lost my mind- in a good way. I am FINALLY excited to the point of elation! I'm going to be a mother to a beautiful child. David and I were discussing last night what we think she will look like. Blue eyes like me? Hazel eyes like him? Brown eyes? Blond hair like I had when I was a baby? Dark hair like David's? Red hair? We will know in about 10 weeks..hopefully a little sooner :)
We are already getting baby gifts! Yay! :) David has the sweetest customers- people I have never even met before are so excited and happy for us. It is so heart warming.
So, yes, my heart is overwhelming with love. I am still terrified, but I know we will be a happy little family.

No comments: