Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Saskatoon trip

WOW! We had a fun trip to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to visit David's family! We left on Wednesday, July 16 (David's 29th birthday) and came back late Sunday, July 20th. I was overwhelmed by how hospitable and wonderful everyone was!
We stayed with David's cousin, Cameron and his wife Janelle, and their 3 girls, Haily, Kayden, and Holland. Their girls are so sweet and shared their toys and home with Lila.

I LOVE David's entire family, but especially his grandparents, Bob and Jean. They are so sweet and funny and made me feel very welcome. Here are a ton of pictures....we had such a great time I didn't want to leave anything out!

Wednesday evening, we had a get-together at Bonnie and Rod's house. They even had a birthday cake for David and me!
Lila was a little overwhelmed that night but enjoyed playing with the big kids- all girls!!!



Thursday we went to "A Taste Of Saskatchewan" and pigged out! We walked some of the food off down by the river front.


Thursday night we had a delicious dinner with David's grandparents, made by the fabulous chef, Jean.


After dinner, we went back to Rod and Bonnie's house to see Robbie, Maya, Eva, and Tarquin.

Friday we went to the "Berry Barn" and ate wonderful Saskatoon berries and pierogies. We then had fun playing out in the berry field.


Friday night David and Cam went to see "The Dark Knight" and Janelle, Angie, and I had a "girl's night in". Once the boys got back in, we stayed up WAY too late playing "Rock Band" . Lila woke up and joined in the fun.


Saturday we walked around and then had lunch with Bob and Jean and then dinner at Chris and Sharon's house.


Sunday we had a delicious breakfast at Bonnie and Rod's house, took an adventure hike down by the river, and then left to come back home.


The whole trip was a whirlwind, I wish we could have stayed longer. The sky up there is so beautiful but can change quickly when a storm comes up.

3 comments:

The Adkins Family said...

Awe! That looked like a fun trip! Who was the adorable baby? I bet Lila slept well those few days, I know I would have. We will see you guys soon. Love ya!

The Schueler Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
Hopefully you guys will have a nice and relaxing weekend =)

The Kruger Family said...

Wow! Was great to see all the pics of home and my family!!!! Looks like you had fun! I can't believe how much the little ones have changed since I saw their last photos!