Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Atlanta trip

Last Wednesday afternoon, Lila and I hopped on a plane and took a short flight to Atlanta to visit my mom, stepdad, and 3 sisters. Lila was a little antsy on the plane ((she had to sit on my lap) but she fell asleep and stayed that way until it was time to get off the plane.

We landed and made our way to the baggage claim area, where we met up with the family. Immediately the girls started bickering over who would push Lila's stroller. It was so good to see them and everyone has changed so much, even in just the few short months since we last saw them!

We stopped by Ikea on the way home and picked up the necessities- nightlights and cinnamon rolls :)

The girls had just gotten a trampoline and at first I was wary of it, but they quickly showed me how much fun it was and assured me that they would be gentle with Lila on there. For the most part, they were gentle, but thank goodness for the net around it! Every time Lila would stumble or fall, one of her aunts would ask her if she was ok. She always was and I started telling them, "Lila's tough".

I should know by now that children of all ages hang on one phrase and repeat it and repeat it ...... "I'm tough. I'm tough"...THEN Hannah got Lila saying "Don't mess with me. I'm tough!" It is really cute but I must have heard it a million times already!


Thursday night we dyed Easter eggs outside and all the girls did such a great job! It was fun AND messy- it doesn't get much better!!!


Friday evening we went to Opening Day 2009 at Turner Field to see the Atlanta Braves play the Washington Nationals! We were all so excited!!!! Lila loves to cheer at sporting events and she loves baseball- that's my girl!


We got to see 3 1/2 innings before it started raining too heavily to play. Then we had a 2 hour rain delay!!!
I thought it was very neat how the field crew put the tarp out to cover the infield....


Turns out the rain delay was also a HAIL delay!


We had fun trying to keep from blowing away but we were ready to watch more baseball!!!!


FINALLY time to resume play! Lila didn't care...by this time it was 10:30pm!! Somehow she fell asleep and stayed asleep until we left at the 7th inning stretch (which was 12:15am!!!)


Saturday we had Easter egg hunts- Sarah and I hid the eggs and Rebecca, Hannah, and Lila found them!


Then it was time to come home...David claimed he and Montana missed us! It was very nice to come home, but I miss my sisters and mom- and Lila does too!

No comments: