Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bald is.....beautiful?

Well, today was the day. The big HEAD SHAVING EVENT. I ended up raising over $1200 for cancer research!!!! Thank you SO much to everyone- you're all awesome!!!!!
Here are the before photos:

During:

Obviously, the after shots:


It was so much fun, but MAN, my head and ears are COLD!!! I'm so glad Lila, David, Pat and Bob all came to support me (and I'm glad Lila was there to witness it). I want her to grow up knowing that it's important to help others.
When we got home, Montana barked and growled at me for a good 10 minutes- she didn't recognize me!! Definitely an adjustment for us all. I am so fortunate to have such supportive friends and family (especially David- he's the best!)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

This brought tears to my eyes. You all are so beautiful. Glad the pup settled down. You are truly an inspiring mommy for all the rest of us!

Hugs,
Jenny

Alice said...

Awwww- you look so pretty bald! Congrats on the money raised!

Unknown said...

Baby, You know I'm so proud of you. YOu are a wonderful role model for Lila.

Alli Morgan said...

I love the photos. I think you were great for doing this for me. I also think all of you look even better bald!

(Please tell your husband I stole some photos. )

:)

tracy @mamacreates said...

Wow! you did it! That's really, really awesome :)

Unknown said...

Momma you are so awesome and you look beautiful.

Go girl!

I'm so proud to be your friend. You inspire me.

The Kruger Family said...

Well done Trish! I've never met you...but I know you are amazing! You have so much determination to raise that much money. Congrats! :)