Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend

Wow we've been busy. The weather has finally turned cool and we have been enjoying it!
Thursday Lila tried on her new rain boots. She could barely walk in them, poor thing- so you know what her mean parents did???- that's right- took a picture and a video.

Friday I cleaned. David cooked pizzas for us and our friends, Hector and Robin. Lila had a lot of fun playing with them (no pictures though).

Saturday, David worked at Elmo's during the day and Lila and I ran errands. We went to the library and voted early...which was fun. For dinner, I cooked- I know, can you believe it????? Bob came over for dinner since he was a "bachelor" all weekend. He was very gracious and ate my food :) For dessert, we had rice krispy treats and Lila had her first bite of one. She, of course, LOVED it! She helped Grampa finish his treat and she didn't believe him when it was all gone.


Sunday we went to Duke Gardens to feed the ducks/geese/mallards and one of my clogs somehow flew into the pond, (which explains the sock in my pocket). We came home and Lila and I played outside while David worked on a freelance project- he has been working very hard and has impressed me with his self-discipline. I am very proud of him (that being said, a solid, full time, salary paying position would make me VERY happy).


Feeding the animals is exhausting!


At breakfast this morning, we had a hard time with Lila- she refused to sit in her high chair. She is becoming very opinionated and stubborn (some may call it spoiled), so we tried to appease her by letting her sit in the booster seat at dinner. She seemed to like that a little better, but still was difficult about the whole meal situation. Ah....the joys of motherhood :) Here is is eating one of her favorite foods- corn- with a fork. It was amusing and messy, to say the least.


Lila has been playing with her train set a lot lately- she LOVES trains!!! This train set is small, but it makes her happy.

1 comment:

The Schueler Family said...

I love her rainboots! She's turning into a little girl more and more each day. I miss you guys!