Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

WOW!  We have been BUSY!  
Thursday was Thanksgiving and we had breakfast,


then we decorated the house for Christmas and watched the Macy's Parade.  Lila loved it!  She enjoyed seeing the giant balloons and was a GREAT helper with putting the ornaments on the tree!

We made our way over to Pat and Bob's house mid afternoon to hang out with the family- Dave and Carey were in town!  

I had a sock monkey kit that I had bought last year and I had planned on making it for Lila's 1st Christmas, but obviously didn't get around to it- SO, I took it with us (since we needed to use a sewing machine).  Little did I know that this cute little project would turn into an all day event!  The final result is a little different than what the directions had called for, but I think it's cute (it has character)!  Lila seems to enjoy it too.   


The best thing about this whole long weekend was the fact that David was home and we had a lot of family time. It was the best weekend! Lila was a ham and really enjoyed us all being together.


Friday we did some shopping and then had Carey and Dave over for homemade pizzas- it was Aunt Carey's birthday!  We had fun and David got to show off his new laptop!  

Saturday, I was "homesick", missing my Mom, so I decided to make homemade Chex mix like my mom did for me every holiday season.  I made it in the microwave, and it turned out surprisingly well!  I also decided to start some traditions with Lila.  Growing up, we used to always make and decorate sugar cookies for the holidays, so I got out the "Joy of Cooking" and made homemade sugar cookie dough.  I was so proud of myself!  Lila and I had a BLAST cutting and decorating the cookies!  She was such a good helper! 


No comments: