Friday we had company over for dinner. David made homemade sauce and we had yummy ravioli. It was a lot of fun to see Darius, Haley, Amanda, and Eli. Lila warmed up quickly and then performed for the entire evening! She loved having a large audience! After everyone left, I quickly started feeling ill. I developed a fever and got sick to my stomach in the middle of the night.
Saturday started off slowly, then felt better after a bath. Papa invited us over for some Lexington bar-be-que, and despite my nausea the night before, I chowed down on some BBQ. It was delicious! Papa then showed us the thriving metropolis of Holly Springs and their Super Walmart. Both Lila and I got a cute outfit each and I even had a few minutes to myself while Papa took Lila to get popcorn! (She can easily be bribed with food.) She was very good, and slept the whole way home from Walmart. Of course, by the time we got back, I was exhausted and needed a nap, but no such luck. She had new-found energy and could run circles around me!
David was at a meeting, and as long as we were sitting at home, I wasn't feeling too well, so we left the house again. We ended up getting "comfort food" for me at Chili's. I am probably the only person on earth who soothes an upset stomach with queso dip. David met us there and then we all finally came home. David took care of Lila and put her to bed while I took another bath. It was an early night, but apparently sleep was exactly what I needed!
Sunday I woke up feeling much better. Weird that I had a fever for a day and really no other symptoms. David went to work at Elmo's and I called Mark and Hanna to see if they had lunch plans. Mark was cooking lunch for the two of them, and they were gracious enough to invite us over. We, of course, accepted the generous invitation and shared the delicious pasta and salad. Lila showed off for her god-parents to remind them that she will still be cute, even after their baby is born. Lila thought her cute little butt still fit in the Bumbo seat, and I guess technically she was right.


After leaving the Schueler's house, we went to Pat and Bob's house. We played outside a little and then Lila "talked" on the phone to Angie.


1 comment:
Thanks for coming over! Mark and I have been grumpy over the weekend and seeing you guys put some laughter in our day.
We shouldn't go too long without seeing each other again. When baby Schueler comes we will go on walks right?
Post a Comment