

After TK's Jungle around lunch time, we came home, took a nap, all took showers/baths and headed over to my former roommate Kerri's place for dinner. It was the 3 of us, Kerri, her roommate Leigh, Kerri's friend from high school in NJ- Jason and his wife Emily. They are expecting their first child (a boy) in May.
Lila was acting fine until we got halfway to Kerri's place and then she started screaming for no reason, could not be soothed, etc. She finally wore herself, and by the time we got there, she was quiet and clingy (to David, of course). Thinking she was tired or hungry, I thought we should give her a little something to tide her over until dinner and then she would perk up. She wouldn't eat anything, but she acted like she wanted to sleep so David held her while we got to know Jason and Emily and catch up with Kerri. Lila looked asleep, but she called out "Mommy" so I went over to get her and brought her to the couch where I was sitting. No more than 10 seconds after I got her, I see that she has puked on herself and me! Chunks! Luckily, everybody there was very kind and understanding, but I felt so bad! Kerri let me borrow a shirt and poor Lila was in just her tights. She was pitiful. Lila said she wanted to go home, so I finished my glass of wine (just a few more sips) and Kerri gave us dinner in a to-go container. I profusely apologized, and we left.
Lila fell asleep almost immediately in the car, and has been mopey ever since we got home. She had some ice and we both took a bath (but ugh- she still smells like puke!) Right now, she's lying in bed between us- something she normally doesn't get to do, but she's sick and I feel bad for her! I think it's mainly teething (she's getting all 4 of her canines in). She's had a fever off and on, poor thing. I hope she feels better soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment