Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun is hard work!

We have been busy bees! Friday, Lila rested before all the excitement that was coming, then we had lunch with my grandparents at the cafeteria. Then on to Costco, where Lila got an easter dress and bigger pajamas. Papa and Grandma had bought her some new clothes from their recent trips to BJ's and Sam's Club, some very cute items! Lila then came back and played with the swing set a little bit.


I tried to get her to take another nap, but no luck. Luckily, Courtney called and we met her and Webb at this place called "TK's Jungle". Basically a big room with several of the blow-up moon walking, bouncy things. WOW, what a work out! I didn't know what we were getting ourselves into, but we all had fun. David even met us there a little later and, of course, had a blast!


We're actually going back there today with some friends David and I knew from middle and high school. They have 2 boys who are older.

Saturday morning Lila and I met Naomi and her parents at the museum and we played outside until it was time to ride the train! That was fun, and then on to the butterfly house (to warm up). We came home, had leftovers for lunch, and then nap time. I got a call that my dear friend from childhood, Jen, was gonna come by to meet Lila, so we quickly straightened up the place. Lila enjoyed playing with Jen and it was wonderful to catch up with her. Jen and David reminisced about high school and she even stayed for homemade pizzas (she was impressed by David's talent). Jen read to Lila and then Lila finally went to sleep an hour and a half past her bedtime. Two very fun, busy days.

Today (Sunday), back to TK's Jungle, then to dinner at my friend Kerri's house. We are so blessed to know such wonderful people. One of my goals this year is to be a little more social, get Lila some more play-buddies, and develop some more friendships. I'm very bad at that, but I think it's a good thing to kinda push yourself beyond your comfort zone. Hopefully I will succeed. :)

No comments: