

This morning we partied together and then decided to head to Duke Park for the first time. It's amazing! A little overwhelming, but really neat. They have a huge area to slide and climb, and then an older, smaller area that is still pretty nice. We started off at the big area and then moved to the smaller area- we were the only ones there! It was SO hot and humid that we didn't stay very long, but we had a blast!









After David went in to work, Lila and I stopped by and saw Granddad and Judy for a little bit. Then we came home and Lila took a nap. Afterwards, we headed over to University mall, where they had free music inside the mall. We listened and danced to a great "salsa" group. Lila loved pointing out the other children. We had a "gourmet" dinner at Chick-Fil-A and came home to a fun bath, milk, and story time!!!
All in all, a busy, very fun day. I am assuming this must be true for all parents, but I really love our good days together. Thursday, when Lila wouldn't take a nap and was very grumpy, was a very frustrating and emotionally draining day for me. Days like today, on the other hand, are so wonderful! I guess, like with anything, you need the low points to make you appreciate the high points. I hope I'm not the only parent out there that feels this way. I love Lila. I adore her. I really hate it when I get frustrated. I guess when we're having a rough day, I should remember days like today and how wonderful it was. :)
1 comment:
looks like you guys had a blast today.
Mark and I tried the Art thing at Eric's tonight and we got rained on =P
Oh by the way, when would you like to meet with Greta? (potential nanny for Wednesdays)
Post a Comment