Today was a lovely day- Lila and I went over to Cary to see my grandparents. Got my car inspected, had lunch at Chili's, and Lila got spoiled rotten! Grandma even made us the BEST homemade banana pudding. It was delicious!!!



She slept on the way home and I stopped at Brier Creek to return a clock that ticked too loud. We also walked down to the party supply store and loaded up with napkins, plates, and paper hats. Lila wanted the Elmo things, but they were expensive, so I did 1/2 Elmo, 1/2 cheap birthday design. She won't care, as long as something has Elmo.
She is now saying "Happy Lila Birthday". Cracks me up!
Tomorrow is the family event for Lila's birthday. Just cake and ice cream- last year was WAY too stressful, feeding people a real meal. It's all about being together, anyway, right?
Lila is already excited- and her birthday technically isn't until Tuesday! (Although I'm acting like it's actually on Monday, since I'm off work- and I have to work on Tuesday).
We are looking forward to seeing our local family, but wish that we could celebrate with Grampa Bob, Grandma Jean, Granny K, Papa K, Gram, Ed, Sarah, Rebecca, Hannah, Paige, Conner, Brett, Katy, Carey, Dave, Debra, Jimmy, Laura, Lisa, and everyone else!! We love you and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment