Friday, May 22, 2009

Update

Since Wednesday, I have had a sore throat. Today (Friday) I also have sore ears, stuffy head, and runny nose. FUN!

Isaac apparently had some immunizations on Monday and has not been feeling 100% since then. He has had a fever and a cough the past few days. We did have some good times, but for the most part, we are ALL ready to be back to normal!

Today was Pat's birthday and we went to her school to drop off a plant (and to embarrass her). She does not enjoy birthdays, but we love her and wanted her students and coworkers to know! After that, Lila and I went to Cracker Barrel with my grandparents. Lila thoroughly enjoyed her pancake with apples and whipped cream, and biscuits with butter. I ate yummy country ham, grits, and hashbrowns. YUMMY!

After lunch, we went to the outlet mall and Lila got some new outfits from the Carter's outlet. She's into 2T clothes now, so she's out of the infant section :( but she got some really cute things. And no, they're not all pink.

Came home, Lila took a nap, Isaac came over, woke Lila up, I tried to get everyone to rest at the same time (didn't work), and then David came home.

I had taken our last Advil at 5 am and desperately needed more, but did not have the energy to take both children to the store, so we hung around the house, played on the floor, and waited for David to come home. He did, and even brought me a milkshake to hold me over until we went to the store. He's the best!

We eventually made it to the grocery store, where we spent $120 but SAVED $49 (VIC savings and coupons)!!! I have been on a coupon kick recently. My coworker brings me the coupon section from Sunday's paper and I clip the ones I think we'll use. I even have a cute little organizer! We saved $9 in coupons alone today. Already worth it!! It was actually quite enjoyable- almost like a game- seeing how we can save the most money (my Dad would be so proud). Lila was a good girl (mainly due to free samples). She had cantaloupe, swiss cheese, and a cookie. As we were leaving, she spotted a balloon. A good shopping trip for all :)

I just took NyQuill so hopefully I will sleep most of the night and wake up refreshed and healthy!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Awwww- feel better! And good job on the coupons- I always clip them then forget to take them!