Sunday, June 7, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

David worked today 11-8 so Lila and I had a girls day. First we went to TJ Maxx (Lila was asleep the whole time), then we had lunch at Elmo's, came home, watched a few minutes of "Finding Nemo", headed to the Renaissance fair at the local library, stopped at the store, bought a cheap plastic pool, played with that, came inside, had leftovers for dinner, and Lila promptly fell asleep at 7pm. Now I get to do laundry!

The Renaissance festival was fun (although it was very hot outside). Lila LOVES the librarian, Mr. Casey. He's awesome and she talks about him often. She got to see him dressed up as a pirate today- although I'm not sure she completely realized it was him.


They had awesome re-enactors that included artisans, dancers, sword fighters, and a blacksmith. The kids got to make hats, crowns, shields, and balloon swords.



On the way home, it was miserably hot, so we stopped at Rose's and get a cheap plastic wading pool.
At first Lila was wary of it, but she got hot and decided to give it a try. She LOVED it- and all was good until she started trying to drink the water. Then I knew it was time for dinner.



1 comment:

The Kruger Family said...

hehee looks like SO much fun!