Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lila can...

sing the ABC's
pick her own boogers
tell me what she wants
make her daddy smile- and sometimes that's tough!
poop and pee in the potty (sometimes)
spot her daddy (and/or his car) from a mile away
tell me which house is ours and where to turn to get to it
feed the dog
buckle herself in the stroller/cart
blow raspberries
be a great helper with baby Isaac
put on chap stick
make my day brighter as soon as I see her
eat a whole PB & J (minus the crusts)
remember everything!
cuddle- she smells so good (even when she's sweaty or dirty)
play by herself
burp and fart- and often!
dance the cutest dances with her baby doll
make friends with kids we don't know at the park
pout
sing along to all the happy Elmo songs on our cd- she doesn't like the "sad" ones
give the best kisses and hugs
be very determined to get her way
identify colors
throw a tantrum with real tears- but she can also be quickly distracted
brush her teeth and spit!
primp in front of her mirror
be shy with strangers
say that "me and mommy are pretty"
pick out a cute purse for me
put things in their place
color with crayons- she prefers to color on the back of the page
be so sweet to her friends
not share with her friends
count to at least 12 (and now she even says 4!)
say please and thank you
make a decision (which is MAJOR in our family)
want to be a baby one minute and a big girl the next
tell me to paint her toe nails- and pick out the color


There are at least a bazillion other things about her that make me smile and amaze me- and make me the happiest woman in the world. I don't care that we're not the richest or don't have the most material possessions. I have a great husband and daughter, a few wonderful friends, and a supportive extended family. I don't need more than that!
You know, I thought the baby phase was amazing, but watching her learn, develop, and remember is WAY better!

1 comment:

The Schueler Family said...

I was watching old videos of Lila (velcro shoes, her dancing, talking for the 1st time)She's come a long way. I can't believe how much she's grown! I bet she's excited to see Gran! One more week! =)