Saturday, June 13, 2009

Race for the Cure 2009

Today was the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure to benefit breast cancer research and treatment. Ever since my aunt Helen died from breast cancer 5 years ago, it has been a priority for me to attend and donate (albeit a small amount). I regret that I didn't join the cause until it was too late for Helen, but I don't want to lose anyone else to this horrible disease. My aunt Helen was an amazing person- I wish I was more like her.

David, Pat, and Bob joined me and Lila this year! I made Lila her very own pink ribbon shirt!



My Uncle Bill- he volunteers for the race!




I wanted to walk at a moderately fast pace, so Pat and I left the men in the dust! Lila slept about 4 out of 5 km and was a good girl. Once David and Bob finished, we enjoyed a post race snack and water break.



It was a very hot morning but I think we all had a fun time. Can't wait to do it again next year!! (Hope the men decide to join us again.)

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wish I could of been there with you again!! Thank you for walking for all of us who aren't able too and in the memory of the ones we love!

The Kruger Family said...

It looks like you had a great time! Fantastic photo of Lila with Aunty Pat and Uncle Bob!

Pat's Place said...

The Race For the Cure was fun! I am scoping out 5 k walks in my neighborhood that I can do every day so I can get in great shape for next year! With 20 miles of paths in our neighborhood I can come up with lots of routes to keep it varied and interesting.

Pat :) AKA She She