Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our trip to Chattanooga

FRIDAY we drove to Chattanooga, TN for my cousin Hunter's wedding. Lila did very well the whole trip, even though she is getting in a molar on the upper left and has a snotty nose.
Here's a pic of her sleeping in the car.

Friday night we were "on our own" and went downtown. We had a great time playing outside and had a delicious dinner at "Big River Brewery". I love this photo that David took...mid step!


After an evening on the riverfront, we came back to the hotel and Lila and Daddy went swimming in the indoor pool. At first, Lila was terrified and clung tightly to David.


"Save me, Mommy!"

All of the sudden, for no apparent reason, she began to enjoy herself!




So proud!

Playing with her great-grandparents.




SATURDAY
We went to "Rock City" with my Aunt Dana, Dad, and Judy. I have pictures from a family vacation we took there over 20 years ago! It's funny how some things change, but others stay the same. Strollers weren't allowed on the paths, so Lila started out on Daddy's shoulders.


Lila and her Great-Aunt Dana.

I have a photo from this exact location from over 20 years ago! Here's the 2008 group.


So, at Rock City, there is a point in the trail where you have to cross on a bridge. There are 2 bridges....a stone bridge and a swinging bridge. 20 years ago, I took the swinging bridge and loved it, so I didn't think anything about doing the same thing now....UNTIL I got on it while holding Lila. Now I call it "the swinging bridge of doom". It was very stressful!


After the stressful bridge situation, Dana and David decided to rock climb. Dana started first, then David quickly caught up with her. Way to go, Dana- I am very proud!


My dad, the farmer, and his wife :)

After an exhausting day of hiking, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. We all got gussied up and "hit the town". We arrived downtown an hour early, so we got Lila a muffin at a coffee shop and walked around with my cousins, Lisa and Laura. David took this picture......looks kind of "Sex and the City"-ish to me.


Here is my HANDSOME hubby and my beautiful baby.

I tried NUMEROUS times to get a really good family photo, since we were all dressed up. This is the best one....I wanted everyone looking the same direction at the same time and SMILING but, obviously, that didn't happen.


Lila was up VERY late last night and didn't nap very well. Here she is in her natural pose....right thumb in her mouth and pulling on her daddy's ear.


Granny and I did not plan on matching, but we came VERY close!


My cousins Lisa and Laura were kind enough to watch Lila and take her around so I could have some "baby-free" time. Here is Laura with Lila.


And Lisa showing some of the fish to Lila.... to which she said "Daddy!"


Lila LOVES her great-Papa "K"! (I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, too!)


That smile says it all!


Congratulations to the adorable couple, my cousin Hunter, and his bride Amanda!

1 comment:

The Adkins Family said...

Awe! It looks like you guys had so much fun! You all look so pretty, well the guys looked handsome. Lila, you are truly adorable! We love ya!