Thursday, June 19, 2008

So smart

It seems like since Lila's birthday she has grown up a lot and gotten very smart! She follows directions- most of the time (but at least she understands what I am saying), is communicating more, and is very inquisitive. She is talking a lot more now, too. Yesterday she said "Mommy" for the first time!!! FINALLY! Daddy is still her favorite (both to say and to go to-grrr!) She also says, "thank you", "doggy", "milk" and "all done", among others.

Her new favorite game is closing doors. According to Lila, any door that is open is a door that needs to be closed. She played that a lot today but didn't like it when she closed herself alone in her bedroom. Another fun game is tossing everything out of the crib when it's nap time. I went in today to get her and all of her animals were on the floor, and there she was, standing in her crib, pointing to them. The lil rascal! She's a good girl, but becoming more and more opinionated.

She's so nosey- just like her momma. We went to the park today and she just stood there, looking at the other kids. When we go out to eat, sometimes she hardly eats much because she's too busy watching everyone around her.

She's a "real" little person now- hardly a baby anymore. That's good and all, but kind of sad. I love watching her learn new things. I am excited to see the person she will become, I just want her to stay little for longer!

1 comment:

The Schueler Family said...

I'm glad we get to see Lila on Monday and~ Tuesday! =)